Photo Gallery 1 Images
Redding Calif.-- Redding Police have arrested a man for allegedly assaulting then chasing his ex-girlfriend from Redding to Anderson.
It started Monday around 8:20 p.m. When police got a call from the female victim driving in the area of Highway 273 and Canyon Road. The victim told police that her attacker, 42 year old Marty Dupree Hilliard of Redding, was pursuing her in a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette, even trying to block her vehicle in the roadway.
According to Redding Police, the woman kept driving all the way to Anderson out of fear for her safety. Officers located Hilliard as he was chasing the victim and tried to pull him over. The suspect refused to stop and took off at a high rate of speed. Redding Police spoke with the victim, who said that Hilliard had assaulted and threatened her. She told officers that he had been stalking her and could be armed.
California Highway Patrol Officers found Hillard's car in the Sundial Bridge parking lot just after 10 p.m. The suspect was nowhere to be seen and a helicopter was brought in to search for him. Hilliard was later located by officers in the area of Liberty Street and Trinity Street. Authorities say the suspect took off on foot and threw a trash can at a pursuing officer. A police K-9 was brought in and the suspect was arrested after a struggle with police.
Hilliard was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail. He faces charges of domestic violence, stalking and resisting arrest. Redding Police say that Hilliard was not armed at the time of his arrest.
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Anderson police arrest woman suspected of robbery
- Redding Police: Woman arrested following stabbing
- Redding police arrest suspected drug dealer after brief chase
- Anderson police arrest suspected porch pirate
- Red Bluff Man Arrested For High Speed Chase & DUI
- Anderson Police Arrest Man on Butte County's Most Wanted List
- Police arrest Anderson man for deadly traffic collision
- Redding Police: Neighborhood Prowlers Chased, Captured
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing