UPDATE: 51-year-old Forrest Andrew Rose has been identified as the suspect involved with reports of shots being fired in the area of Benton Drive and North Market Street.
The California Highway Patrol helicopter and K-9 officer Able located Rose in Sulphur Creek Hill hidden beneath heavy
After searching the area, no rifle or evidence indicating shots were fired were located.
Rose was taken into custody and booked into the Shasta County Jail, no damage was found in the Redding Electric Utility substation.
Police have arrested a man who was allegedly shooting a rifle at power antennas in Redding.
It happened near north Market Street and Benton Drive around seven this evening.
When police received reports that the male suspect was seen with a rifle at the Redding electric utility substation that powers electricity to north Redding.
According to Corporal Samllamas "We had a call from a reporting party that they observed a male suspect shooting what they believed to be a rifle at the power antennas."
The suspect was located and arrested for impeding an investigation.
At this time police have not released the suspect’s name.
- Redding Police make arrest after reports of a man with a rifle
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle
- Man arrested after police find rifle in his guitar case
- Citizens Help Redding Police Make Three Arrests
- Redding Police arrest man for making threats to his fiancé
- Redding traffic collision leads to arrest of man possessing assault rifle
- Man arrested after walking through McKinleyville with loaded rifle
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding police arrest man after 7-hour standoff
- POLICE: Redding man arrested for domestic violence