REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police are investigating a crash that occurred on Highway 273 overnight.
According to police, they began receiving reports of a collision near S. Bonnyview Rd around 9:10 p.m. on Tuesday. Witnesses said that a man was struck by two cars, one of which did not stop at the scene. Within minutes of arriving, officers located the man in the roadway. He sustained major injuries and was transported to a nearby hospital, where he is currently listed in critical condition.
The police say that their preliminary investigation suggests that the pedestrian, who was wearing dark clothing at the time, was hit while crossing the highway outside of a crosswalk.
Officers have identified the driver of the first vehicle that struck the pedestrian as 55-year-old Redding resident, Cassandra Zucco. She was evaluated at the scene, was found not to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and was released. The investigation is now focused on determining if this is a hit and run case, as they do not yet know if the second driver is aware that they stuck the pedestrian.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision, or has any information regarding this incident, to contact the Redding Police Department at 530-225-4200.
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Pedestrian Struck in Redding Cross Walk
- Redding Man Charged with Murder after Shooting near Highway 273
- Overnight deadly Highway 273 crash in Redding, Victim identified
- Crash closes southbound lanes of Highway 273 in Redding
- Victim identified in Deadly Highway 273 Crash
- Traffic cleared, 4 hospitalized after crash on Highway 273
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on I-5