REDDING, Calif. - Redding police say that a man was arrested after attempting to stab a homeowner who confronted him when he tried to steal bamboo off his property.
Last night around 8:30 p.m. police received a call about a man with a knife. When officers arrived, they spoke with 62-year-old Greg Reimann and 68-year-old Paul Young. Reimann said that he and Young confronted a man trespassing in his front yard on Riverside Dr.
He said the subject was cutting and removing bamboo from his property. According to Reimann, when he attempted to speak with the man, he became argumentative and brandished a knife. He said that as he started to retreat back into his home, the man followed and attempted to stab him in the neck. Reimann said the subject also threatened him verbally while holding the knife, before leaving on foot.
Officers checked the downtown area for the suspect, finding 28-year-old William Bailey in the area of California St. and Trinity St. Bailey was positively identified by Reimann and Young.
Bailey was arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for brandishing a knife, assault with a deadly weapon and making criminal threats.
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect
- Redding Man Attempts to Stab Woman at Deluxe Inn: Police
- Redding Police: Woman arrested following stabbing
- Redding police arrest Parkview stabbing suspect
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding man stabbed, attempted to break up fight
- Redding police arrest man in attempted homicide investigation
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder