Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE 10:10 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 17, 2019 - Those living on Magnolia Avenue are in shock after they learned of the arrest of York.
Action News Now spoke with neighbors about the suspected crime.
"I'm a survivor of sex abuse as a child and I'm 43 and still dealing with it today," said Kathleen Erickson. "You never know, honestly, you never know what somebody is doing behind closed doors and obviously, it's very close to home."
Tami Jackson said she is concerned for kids in the area, like her own grandson.
"It makes me sad for what our society has come to, and people think that's just okay. That's heartbreaking," said Jackson.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police Investigators made an arrest on Oct. 16 in a long-term investigation into child molest allegations and possession and/or distribution of child pornography.
Officials say Adam York, who is 23 years old, was arrested for an outstanding warrant on several sex-related crimes.
Following an interview by investigators, officials say a search warrant was issued for York's home on the 1600 block of Magnolia Avenue where items of evidence were located.
York, of Redding, is being held in the Shasta County Jail on $500,000 bail.
Officials say the investigation is ongoing and investigators are working to confirm the identities of several victims.
Anyone with information can contact the Redding Police Investigations at 225-4200.
- Neighbors react to child molestation investigation and arrest in Redding
- Suspected Washington child molester arrested in Redding
- Red Bluff Man Arrested in Connection to Child Molestation Case
- SHERIFF: Man charged in child molestation investigation
- Neighbors react to Redding home fire & explosion
- Arrest Made in Child Molestation Case
- Redding Police on Hunt for Child Molestation Suspect
- Marysville Police arrest suspect in suspected child molestation case
- Marysville PD searching for child molestation suspect
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle