Redding Police say they arrested a felon who was in possession of a gun while on Post Release Community Supervision.
Officers received a call Saturday night around 9:30 p.m. reporting that Gabriel Barnett, 44 years of Redding, was inside of a hotel room and in possession of a gun.
When officers responded to the Deluxe Inn on North Market St., they learned that Barnett had a room at the hotel. They found Barnett, and detained him at the hotel. Officers then say that they searched his room due to his Post Release Community Supervision status. In the room they say they discovered a .380 handgun and ammunition.
Barnett was booked into the Shasta County Jail for felon in possession of a firearm, possession of ammunition by prohibited person, and violating his Post Release Community Supervision.
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Authorities arrest prior felon on gun possession, drug charges
- Redding Police: Wanted Felon's Daughter Ends Standoff
- Chico police chase, arrest convicted felons
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Felon arrested after Firing Gun in Residential Area
- Redding K-9 officer detains wanted felon
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Paradise PD arrest man for illegal gun and drug possession