REDDING, Calif. - The Redding Police Department held its annual awards ceremony on Thursday.
Members of the department were recognized for meritorious conduct, and they also honored outstanding employees of the year for 2018.
Redding Police Chief Roger Moore says with the Carr Fire, it was a rough year for everyone.
"Some of the things they did were short of a miracle," Moore said. "Through the fires, through the heroism that they showed, the bravery and just hard work. They deserved it. We had a pretty rough year."
Community leaders, co-workers, friends and family were also present to show their support for their loved ones.
20 officers and one K9 officer were honored at the annual ceremony.
For a full list of the officers awarded, CLICK HERE.
- Redding Police Department holds annual awards ceremony
- Redding Fire Department posthumously awards Jermey Stoke at awards ceremony
- Officers and civilians honored in annual Redding Police Department awards
- BCSO honors members at annual awards & appreciation ceremony
- Chico Police Holding Ceremony for Fallen Officers
- Redding Neighborhood Police Unit wins big award
- Redding Police Department Hate Crime Pamphlet
- Redding police department rolls out new police cars
- Exchange club hosts annual firefighter, EMT awards
- Third annual ‘Law Enforcement and Staff Recognition Ceremony’ for BCSO