The Redding Peace Officer Association would like to invite you to "Operation Blue Santa", happening this Friday, December 22nd, 2017 beginning at 9am.
Uniformed officers, volunteers, police K9, and Santa will depart from the Redding Police Department around 9 a.m. to travel to Mercy Medical Center.
They will visit the pediatric ward and then they will visit several families at their homes.
Operation Blue Santa is a non-profit Christmas Program formed in 1991 and sponsored by the Redding Peace Officers’ Association with the support of the Redding Police Department.
The mission of this program has remained the same over the years; to provide to families with children that might not otherwise have a Christmas!
Recipients of the program are families with whom Redding Police Department personnel, including volunteers and Chaplains, have come in contact with during the year. We also receive referrals from local schools as well as Shasta County Children and Family Services. We are trying to help families that are experiencing difficult situations during the holiday season.
We provide gifts which are delivered to the families’ home by "Blue" Santa Claus. Santa is escorted by uniformed and non-uniformed Police Department Personnel, including volunteers and Chaplains.
We also bring enough candy-filled stockings and stuffed animals to present to any child we might encounter along our route. Historically, delivery day always begins with a stop at the Pediatric Ward at Mercy Medical Center where gifts and stuffed toys are distributed.
We would like to thank our many sponsors this year, including the Redding Peace Officers Association, We Back the Blue-Shasta, Interwest Insurance of Redding and TruRide Cycling Studio.
- Redding Operation Blue Santa
- Blue Santa visited Mercy Medical Center today
- Pet photos with Santa
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Salvation Army's Santa Shuffle
- Alleged ‘Santa Claus’ burglar found on top of Redding market
- Breakfast with Santa Benefits Little Red Hen Children's Program
- 'Blue Santa' visits the Boys and Girls Club of the North Valley
- Reckless driver caught by Redding police using CHP air operations
- Redding Doctor Charged in Illegal Botox Operation Appears in Court