According to the Redding Police Department Neighborhood Police Unit officers conducted a undercover operation in February this year targeting adults who were using the internet to solicit sexual activity with minors.
Officers arrested Clifford Jay Markhart 54 years old of Redding for soliciting sexual activity with a person believed to be a fifteen year old female through the use of Craigslist personal ad.
The fifteen year old girl was in fact an undercover Neighborhood Police Unit Officer.
Markhart was convicted and put on probation, required to register as a sex offender, and sentenced to 75 days in jail.
NPU officers conducted a probation compliance check at Markhart’s residence to ensure his compliance with the probationterms.
During the search NPU officers found Markhart in possession of two firearms.
Possession of the firearms was a violation of Markhart’s probation terms and was an additional felony charge.
Markhart is in custody at the Shasta county Jail.
- Redding NPU arrests sex offender for probation violation
- NPU in Redding arrests man with 9 illegal firearms
- Redding NPU seized 6 ounces of heroin from a couple
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Oroville
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- 3 Sex Offenders Arrested During Shasta County Multi-Agency Operation
- Chico sex offender arrested on charges of contacting minor
- Armed and dangerous sex offender from Texas may be in Redding