REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man is facing murder charges from a shooting last Friday.
Forty-nine-year-old Brady Evan Schumacher was arraigned Wednesday afternoon but will face further arraignment at a later date.
Action News Now first reported the story last Friday evening when the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office responded to a shooting.
It happened after 6 p.m. on Clear Creek Road near Highway 273 just outside of the Redding city limits.
Deputies found 37-year-old Joseph Gill dead at the scene and arrested Schumacher.
He’s charged with murder along with other charges.
July 3, Schumacher is expected to enter a plea.
- Redding Man Charged with Murder after Shooting near Highway 273
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Overnight deadly Highway 273 crash in Redding, Victim identified
- Crash closes southbound lanes of Highway 273 in Redding
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Victim identified in Deadly Highway 273 Crash
- Traffic cleared, 4 hospitalized after crash on Highway 273
- Highway 273 reopens after collision involving propane tank
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44