Photo Gallery 2 Images
Redding, Calif.—According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office they arrested a man on an outstanding warrant and possession of stolen property.
Around 5:40 a.m. Tuesday morning Deputies from the Sheriff’s Office were driving on Highway 44 westbound near Stillwater when they saw a man, later identified as Jason Goltz climbing up a hill on the north side of the highway near a construction site.
Goltz appeared to be carrying a plastic gas can.
The deputies turned around to investigate what Goltz was up to.
While the Deputies were turning around, Goltz got into a silver truck with Texas license plates.
The deputies pulled behind the truck and activated their patrol car emergency lights to stop Goltz from leaving.
Goltz told deputies he was going to visit a friends on Stillwater.
A record check revealed Goltz had an outstanding felony warrant for burglary.
Goltz was arrested for the warrant without incident.
Deputies checked the truck that Goltz was driving and found it was stolen from a business in Redding on May 6th.
When deputies searched the bed of the truck they found several license plates from different states in a toolbox.
Goltz was booked on his outstanding warrant and possession of stolen property.
Goltz has been arrested ten times with his three most recent arrests in the last year.
His last two arrests were for possession of stolen property and grand theft.
Recently there has been several burglaries of construction sites and commercial buildings in the unincorporated parts of Shasta County costing companies thousands of dollars in loss.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Redding Man Arrested for Possession of Stolen Property
- Police Arrest two for Possession of Stolen Property
- Redding Neighborhood Policing Unit make Stolen Property Arrest
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession
- Redding Man with stolen pistol arrested
- CHP: Man arrested for storing $100,000 worth of stolen property in Redding
- Man on post-release supervision arrested on drug possession, stolen gun charges
- Two Arrested with Drugs and Stolen PG&E Property
- Redding traffic collision leads to arrest of man possessing assault rifle