REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man is behind bars for the second time in less than two weeks after police say he stole another car.
Police say just before 9:00 a.m. Saturday 36-year-old Ryan Anderson of Redding stole a white Subaru BRZ from Crown Motors on Cypress Avenue. The car is valued at $30,000.
Anderson sped away with the car and ended up abandoning it in the TJ Maxx parking lot. Officers called in help from the California Highway Patrol Air Operations Unit and ultimately arrested him near the Mt. Shasta Mall, where he was hiding in some bushes.
After Anderson was apprehended, he was seen by Shasta County Sheriff's deputies on a surveillance video shot in the outskirts of east Redding with the stolen Subaru. Redding police said Anderson was shown in the video walking from yard to yard with a handgun in his possession, attempting to gain access to vehicles.
He was taken into custody for possession of a stolen motor vehicle and for resisting arrest.
Police said there will be additional burglary charges for Anderson from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
The firearm seen in his possession was not located.
Anderson previously was arrested in Shasta County on Dec. 20, 2018, for being in possession of a stolen car from Tehama County. Anderson was on Post Release Community Supervision for that theft.
- Redding Man Arrested Twice in December for Stealing Cars
- Second Dog Stealing Suspect Arrested in Redding
- Redding Police: Man Steals 12 Right Shoes
- Redding Police arrest two boys for stealing cigarettes
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Man tries to carjack news crew, steals cop car
- Car thieves target certain cars that are easy to steal
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake