REDDING, Calif. - A Redding K-9 helped officers detain a burglary suspect found at a church early Tuesday morning.
At around 1:35 a.m. on Tuesday, Redding Police Officers responded to a reported burglary alarm at Neighborhood Church located at 777 Loma Vista Drive. The alarm company received a video clip of a suspected burglar which showed him wearing a mask over his face.
Officers searched and located the suspect who was identified as Tyler Edward Coonan, 22, of Redding. When Coonan spotted officers he fled on foot.
K-9 Otto was deployed to apprehend Coonan, and he was able to successfully capture him so officers could take him into custody.
During the burglary, Coonan removed one hinge from a large gate and then broke into a trailer and storage shed.
He was treated at a local hospital for a minor injury and then transported and booked into Shasta County Jail for possession of burglary tools, burglary, resisting arrest and prowling.
- Redding K-9 Captures Church Burglar Suspect
- K-9 ‘Aero’ Helps Capture Drug Suspect
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Redding K-9 Helps Nab Suspected Car Theif
- Suspect surrenders after Redding Police K-9 arrival
- K-9 Helps Arrest Redding Burglary Suspect
- Redding police K-9 helps apprehend armed suspect
- Suspected Package Thief Captured in Redding
- K-9 Jax apprehends sexual assault suspect in Redding
- Alleged ATM Burglars Caught in Redding, 1 Suspect Outstanding