REDDING, Calif. - Dozens of Shasta County residents shared their concerns Saturday at a Carr Fire community meeting run by Redding firefighters.
Whenever a critical incident occurs, the firefighters hold briefings amongst themselves. After realizing the entire community went through this tragedy together, they wanted to give the public a chance to ask questions too.
Residents voiced their concerns about rebuilding. Another topic was the staffing of the Redding Fire Department.
"A lot of questions were asked about our staffing and how many people were on our engines. Something we feel we have to talk about in the future," said Redding firefighter Bret Morris.
The deadline to sign up for debris removal is next Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018.
- Redding Firefighters Listen to Citizens at Carr Fire Community Meeting
- Redding Firefighter Killed in Carr Fire Identified
- Meeting Highlights Rebuilding After Carr Fire
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Redding Businesses Suffer due to Carr Fire
- Communities Come Together During Carr Fire
- Chico Fire Citizens' Academy
- Cal Fire firefighter rescues kitten from Carr Fire