UPDATE 2:00 p.m. Friday, July 27, 2018 - The Redding International Association of Firefighters Local 1934 is reporting the name of the firefighter that died battling the Carr Fire.
Jeremy Stoke, a fire inspector with the Redding Fire Department, died fighting the Carr Fire on Friday.
"We ask for your thoughts and prayers for his family and the RFD as we process this tragic loss. More information will be released as it becomes available," said a spokesperson for the Redding Fire Department on Twitter.
The Carr Fire Unified Incident Commanders from CAL FIRE, National Parks Service as
well as the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office are deeply saddened to report the death of a
City of Redding Firefighter.
Investigation into the accident is ongoing and notification of the next of kin is in progress.
The Carr fire continues to burn at a rapid rate with extreme erratic fire behavior. More
information will be released as it becomes available.
- Redding Firefighter Killed in Carr Fire Identified
- Redding Firefighters Listen to Citizens at Carr Fire Community Meeting
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified
- Massive Carr Fire Tornado Kills Local Firefighter and Hero
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Redding Businesses Suffer due to Carr Fire
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Cal Fire firefighter rescues kitten from Carr Fire
- Volunteer Firefighter Fired After Carr Fire Sues Ex-employer
- PG&E Employee Killed Working Near Carr Fire