Redding fire fighters honed their skills during a simulated airplane fire drill Tuesday afternoon.
Fire fighters traveled to a specialized training facility in Clark County, Nevada to work on their aircraft fire fighting and rescue skills.
As you can see, firefighters spent the day training for the worst scenarios from extinguishing flames on burning aircraft to evacuation and possible rescue of passengers and crew.
It was an effort that participants say is an invaluable training tool for the fire fighters because of the extreme complexity and unique training venue.
- Redding Fire Fighters travel to the Silver State for aircraft fire training
- Update: Redding fire fighters deploy to southern California
- Training to Fight Fires
- Redding Warehouse Fire
- Aircraft with Low Oil Pressure Safely Lands at Redding Airport
- Silver Alert for Redding Man Found
- Redding Fire Department: House Fire in East Redding
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Friends, family, community mourn loss of fire fighter in devastating Thomas Fire
- Silver alert issued for north state counties