REDDING, Calif.- The Redding Fire Department says that a house fire that sparked early Wednesday morning was caused by a gas-powered generator.
They say that when they responded to the home, flames were coming out of one side of the building, with smoke emanating from the doors and windows. Firefighters say they were able to extinguish the fire quickly and verify that no one was inside. Everyone that was in the home evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a portable gas-powered generator that was used to provide electricity to the home.
The residents of the home say that they had been using the generator for the past several months.
Redding Fire says that due to substandard living conditions and building code violations, the building will be reported to the Building and Code Enforcement Department.
- Redding Fire Department puts out house fire caused by generator
- Redding Fire Department: House Fire in East Redding
- Redding Investigators Determine Cause of House Fire
- Redding house fire caused by heat lamps
- Kids love the Redding Fire Department!
- Redding Fire Department Gets Four New Members
- UPDATE: Welding Causes Fire in Redding Dealership
- Fire causes damage to Red Bluff business
- Redding Fire Department responds to 5 fires in 3 days
- Redding Fire Dept. determine cause of Alden Ave. structure fire