Redding Fire Department puts out house fire caused by generator

The Redding Fire Department says that a house fire that sparked early Wednesday morning was caused by a gas-powered generator.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 7:33 AM
Updated: Feb 20, 2019 10:30 AM

REDDING, Calif.- The Redding Fire Department says that a house fire that sparked early Wednesday morning was caused by a gas-powered generator. 

They say that when they responded to the home, flames were coming out of one side of the building, with smoke emanating from the doors and windows. Firefighters say they were able to extinguish the fire quickly and verify that no one was inside. Everyone that was in the home evacuated safely, and no injuries were reported. 

The cause of the fire was determined to be a portable gas-powered generator that was used to provide electricity to the home. 

The residents of the home say that they had been using the generator for the past several months. 

Redding Fire says that due to substandard living conditions and building code violations, the building will be reported to the Building and Code Enforcement Department.

Article Comments

Chico
Scattered Clouds
54° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 54°
Oroville
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 54°
Paradise
Scattered Clouds
54° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 54°
Chester
Broken Clouds
34° wxIcon
Hi: 37° Lo: 15°
Feels Like: 28°
Red Bluff
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 54°
Willows
Scattered Clouds
54° wxIcon
Hi: 55° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 54°
Showers leave tonight with cold overnight lows and sunny afternoons expected the next few days.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events