Redding Electric Utility reporting Friday night that most of the 8000 customers who spent much of the day without power are now back online.
Crews have been busy all day long restoring that power.
That outage was caused by fire damaged poles and equipment.
As of 9 p.m., 1000 customers were still without power in the north and western parts of Redding.
REU has also suspended the rolling blackouts that have been in place.
Customers are still being encouraged to conserve electricity by not using unnecessary appliances.
- Redding Electric Utility restores power to 7000 customers in Redding, 1000 left without power
- Power Restored to Most South Chico Customers
- PG&E Restores Power After Bright Flash South of Red Bluff
- 550 REU Customers Still Without Power in Redding
- UPDATED: PG&E customers' power has been restored near Orland
- Power Restored to all 400 Customers in north Chico
- Power restored to more than 2,000 Live Oak customers
- Fallen tree causes power outage in Redding
- More than 13,000 REU customers without power
- PG&E restores power to most customers in Shasta and Tehama County