Redding Electric Utility reporting Friday night that most of the 8000 customers who spent much of the day without power are now back online.
Crews have been busy all day long restoring that power.
That outage was caused by fire damaged poles and equipment.
As of 9 p.m., 1000 customers were still without power in the north and western parts of Redding.
REU has also suspended the rolling blackouts that have been in place.
Customers are still being encouraged to conserve electricity by not using unnecessary appliances.
- Redding Electric Utility restores power to 7000 customers in Redding, 1000 left without power
- UPDATED: PG&E customers' power has been restored near Orland
- Power Restored to all 400 Customers in north Chico
- Fallen tree causes power outage in Redding
- UPDATE: Over 2200 People without Power in Chico now Restored
- PG&E Working to Help more than 3,900 Customers Without Power
- Reinventing Redding
- Redding Police Clean Trash Left at Illegal Campsites
- Thousands Without Power After Bear Climbs Power Pole
- Power is Restored After Outage Leaves Hundreds in the Dark in Yuba County