SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Redding DMV office will offer Saturday hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.starting August 4, 2018.
The director of the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles), Jean Shiomoto, said they will process all transactions on Saturday except for behind-the-wheel exams.
The Saturday service is currently offered at 43 DMV offices between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., including Yuba City. The extra service started in June, and 35,000 customers utilized it.
On August 4, 2018, 18 more DMV offices will add Saturday hours, including Redding. That office is located at 2135 Civic Center Drive.
The hours were added in a continuing effort to address wait times at field offices throughout the state. Director Shiomoto said they continue to actively work on solutions to get customer transactions completed more efficiently. The longer wait times are attributed to a number of factors, including the implementation of the federal REAL ID requirement, a new queuing system and an electronic driver license and ID card applications.
Appointments can be scheduled up to 90 days in advance using the DMV’s website or calling 1-800-777-0133. The DMV reminds customers that we do not charge to schedule an appointment to visit a DMV field office.
Beginning Monday July 16, the DMV will also open the 14 field offices below one hour earlier. The offices will open at 7 a.m. four days a week. They will continue to open at 9 a.m. on Wednesdays and close at 5 p.m. daily.
Customers applying for a REAL ID are reminded to visit REALID.dmv.ca.gov to make sure they have the required documents to apply for the federal compliant driver license or identification card. If you choose to apply for a REAL ID, you must visit a DMV field office.
Scheduling note: In observance of holidays, the DMV will not offer Saturday service on September 1, 2018, November 10, 2018 and November 24, 2018.
- Redding DMV Will Be Open More Hours Starting in August; Yuba City Already Added Saturday Hours
- Redding and Yuba City DMVs Adding Saturday Hours
- Opening Hours Extended for Highway 299 between Redding and Weaverville
- Postal Service holiday hours
- Disaster Center Holiday Hours
- Paradise curfew hours reduction
- DMV unveils new kiosk at Redding FoodMaxx
- VIDEO ADDED: Vitalant Blood Drive Yields 150 Donations in Chico, Redding and Yuba City
- Downtown Redding map features 2 hour on-street parking zones
- DMV opens temporary office for victims of Klamathon Fire