UPDATE: 10:28 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020 - CHP says the road is back open and the driver has been arrested for driving under the influence.
Officials say the driver was a man from Redding, the passenger a woman from Placerville and they were both transported to Mercy Medical Center with major injuries.
The accident is still under investigation.
REDDING, Calif. - CHP Redding says Churn Creek Road at Orchard Lane will be closed until about 9 p.m. for an overturned trailer accident.
The closure was prompted as they are working to get a trailer turned upright and the driver and passenger out of the vehicle.
Once out of the truck, both will be taken to the hospital with major injuries, according to officials.
Additionally, CHP says the trailer is fully loaded so that will add some time to the process of turning it upright.
As a reminder, CHP said they are still out working their maximum enforcement period.
The cause is still under investigation and CHP said they are investigating whether drugs or alcohol are a factor.
- Redding CHP: Man arrested for DUI following Churn Creek Road accident
- Redding firefighters respond to structure fire on Churn Creek Road
- Sewer Project Closes Parts of Churn Creek Road in Redding
- Churn Creek Health Center Renovation Complete
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- CHP officer arrested on DUI charges
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Redding man arrested for DUI, threatened officers
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"
- CHP: Chico woman arrested for DUI after collision in Willows