Redding, Calif -- As many people ring in the new year with champagne and other drinks, a Redding towing service is going to work to make sure everyone gets home safe.
Twin View Towing owners Diane and Ken Robertson say they began their “TOWED” program back in 1991.
It started as a federal program aimed at getting tow truck drivers to work towards elimating drunk driving, and they've continued that mission for 27 years.
the owners add that they’ve seen way too many drunk driving accidents throughout the years, so each holiday season they and their drivers volunteer their time in hopes of keeping the roads safe.
"Well we wanted to give back to our community and we’ve been doing this for 27 years. And every year we figure well maybe if we save one life its worth it," said Diane.
She adds what makes this service appealing for drivers is, unlike other designated driving options, they'll take you and your car home for free.
As long as you're in a 5-mile radius of the city of Redding.
That way you don’t have to worry about picking up your car anywhere the next day.
This program will go on from New Year’s Eve through New Years Day, Twin View Towing's number is (530) 338-1822.
- Redding Business Offers Free Tows for New Years Eve
- AAA Offering "Tipsy Tow" on Christmas Eve
- For its 27th year Twin View Towing is participating in the free holiday towing program
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- New Year's Eve Driving Concerns
- Redding Barber Offers Free Haircuts to First Responders
- Tipsy Tow for 420 Celebrators
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- New Year's Eve fireworks accident injures two