REDDING, Calif. - Early Sunday morning two arrests were made by Redding police at the Rodeo Grounds. There had been some burglaries reported there recently, so Officer Eddie McGinnis was conducting an extra patrol a little before 3:00 a.m. when he noticed some suspicious vehicles and activity.
Officer McGinnis saw two suspicious vehicles and noticed four people near them. There were three adults and one juvenile who all appeared extremely nervous, according to McGinnis. The officer reported seeing illegal drug paraphernalia inside the cars.
A loaded revolver was located under the seat of one of the vehicles. It was determined that the gun had recently been stolen from a residence in Tehama County.
Two of the subjects, 21-year-old Anthony Cloyd of Redding, and a 17-year-old from Redding, had knowledge of the gun being in the car. Both of them were arrested for possession of the stolen firearm. Cloyd was booked into Shasta County Jail and the juvenile was booked into Shasta County Juvenile Hall.
Other suspected stolen property was also located and the rightful owners have been identified and will be contacted, said representatives of the Redding Police Department.
- Early morning gun arrest at Redding Rodeo Grounds
- Red Bluff Round UP Underway at the Rodeo Grounds
- Redding Rodeo Week Kicks off
- Redding suspect arrested following early morning burglary
- First night of Redding rodeo faces rain
- Redding Rodeo Week: Lone strangers identified
- Redding economy gets boost from Rodeo Week
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Redding Police: Suspect arrested for early morning shooting
- Redding Police: Felon Arrested for Gun Possession