Critical fire danger will continue across Northern California today as temperatures stay well above average, the gusty North winds continue, and humidity stays dangerously low. Winds will be out of the North to around 15mph today, with gusts up to around 25mph. Humidity is projected to dip into the 3 to 15 percent range this afternoon, which means fires will be able to start very easily. You're encouraged to use extreme caution today, as fire danger remains very high. The Red Flag Warning is still in place for the Valley, portions of the Sierra, and the Northern Mountains through 11pm tonight. Temperatures have dipped into the 40's to 50's in the valley overnight, and into the 20's to 30's in the mountains. High temperatures are projected to climb into the low to mid 80's in the valley this afternoon, while mountain areas top out in the mid 60's to mid 70's later today. Winds are not expected to be as strong for your afternoon, but will be strong enough to keep fire danger high.
The Red Flag Warning is set to expire at 11pm tonight, but fire danger will remain elevated over the next several days. Very low humidity and above average temperatures are expected to continue, but winds will not be as strong. Tuesday will more than likely end up a couple of degrees warmer than Monday, with valley areas climbing into the mid to high 80's. Temperatures will continue to be in the mid 80's in the valley for the remainder of the week, with mid 60's to mid 70's in the mountains. Skies will stay sunny, and the dry weather will persist. Looks like we may be in for another modest warming trend for the end of your week and start of your weekend. The current long range forecast has our area staying dry through the weekend, but there will be a chance for wet weather returning early next week.
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- A Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger continues today
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger ahead
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Critical fire weather prompts Red Flag Warning today
- High Fire Danger Prompts a Red Flag Warning
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Cal Fire prepares during red flag warning
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning for high fire danger to start your summer season