Chico, Calif.-- We're dealing with dangerous fire conditions throughout the day today across the Central Valley and southward.
Despite a little rain last week, the warm and windy weekend's dried out fuels across most of the region.
Plan on that Northerly breeze at about 10-15 mph, gusting up to 30mph, to continue.
In the foothills and mountains winds are staying even stronger, up to 25-30 mph.
Humidity dipping low in the valley to about 15-25%.
Winds will calm down by this evening and we'll see humidity climb up as a result.
We'll stay dry this week although a low pressure system moving in over the eastern Pacific ridge looms to our North and will drop
down along the East on Wednesday, bringing a few showers to the crest of the northern Sierra Nevada.
Temperatures will be close to average the next few days, then are expected to cool slightly by mid-week.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Red Flag Warning Extended, Warm Week Ahead
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Red Flag Warning & Wind Advisory extended
- Mountain showers tonight & A Red Flag Warning ahead for Saturday
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger ahead
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Red Flag Warning Tonight Through Sunday
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- Pleasant Today, Red Flag Warning Returns Tonight
- Cal Fire prepares during red flag warning