Red Bluff businesses discuss economic impact due to the coronavirus

Owner of Hair Wrangler Salon in Red Bluff, Laura Adcock tells Action News Now that business has been steady.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 6:41 PM
Updated: Mar 19, 2020 7:16 PM

RED BLUFF, Calif. - The coronavirus is costing a lot of businesses a lot of cash.

Owner of Hair Wrangler Salon in Red Bluff, Laura Adcock tells Action News Now that business has been steady.

She says she's noticed more of her clients choose to call to make an appointment, as oppose to walk-ins.

Adcock says she's not planning to cut her business hours and will continue to operate under her normal business schedule.

"Why not? It's not affecting us if you don't feel well, stay at home," says Adcock. "We gotta keep working, we gotta keep working to make money, so here we are, still working till it knocks us out."

The owner says she's waiving appointment cancellation fees for her customers and is taking extra steps to make sure everything is sanitized and clean.

Action News Now checked with Dave Gowan, president of the Red Bluff Tehama County Chamber of Commerce, and he says nearly 75% of businesses in Red Bluff remain open. The remaining 25% are either temporarily closed or are working from home. 

The Red Bluff Tehama County Chamber of Commerce says there are several ways that people can help local businesses during this time such as purchasing a gift card from a local business or ordering from local restaurants.

California Coronavirus Cases

Data is updated nightly.

Confirmed Cases: 779491

Reported Deaths: 14893
CountyConfirmedDeaths
Los Angeles2585166330
Riverside566811153
San Bernardino51750858
Orange516461123
San Diego44007757
Kern31148340
Fresno27487355
Sacramento21171375
Alameda20364370
Santa Clara20129295
San Joaquin19793414
Stanislaus16229329
Contra Costa15640198
Tulare15517256
Ventura12167142
Imperial11534312
San Francisco1064096
Monterey933765
San Mateo9332142
Santa Barbara8803109
Merced8719133
Kings715877
Sonoma6987114
Marin6522112
Solano608555
Madera429658
Placer340741
San Luis Obispo333227
Yolo273253
Butte272033
Santa Cruz21758
Sutter163110
Napa159213
San Benito127211
Yuba11127
El Dorado10584
Mendocino82218
Lassen7310
Shasta66814
Glenn5483
Nevada5035
Colusa5026
Tehama4874
Humboldt4826
Lake43310
Calaveras30513
Amador28616
Tuolumne2204
Inyo18714
Mono1632
Siskiyou1600
Del Norte1351
Mariposa752
Plumas490
Modoc230
Trinity150
Sierra60
Alpine20
Unassigned00
Chico
Broken Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 68°
Oroville
Clear
65° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 65°
Paradise
Broken Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 68°
Chester
Clear
45° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 43°
Red Bluff
Clear
73° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 73°
Willows
Broken Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 68°
Most of the forecast will remain pleasant and seasonable with big changes possible by next weekend.
KHSL Severe
KHSL Radar
KHSL Temperatures

Community Events