RED BLUFF, Calif. - The city of Red Bluff has issued an immediate water conservation notice as of Oct. 9.
The notice is for all city water customers until further notice, due to the power outages. This notice is due to high winds and the Public Safety Power Shutoff that is including much of the city of Red Bluff, the city stated in a press release.
The city said customers may experience low water pressure during the power outage. All water users are asked to limit water use to essential uses only, such as drinking, cooking and sanitation purposes and to eliminate nonessential uses of water, the city said.
The water uses listed below are prohibited until power is restored, the city said:
- Use of hoses, sprinklers, or other means of watering yards or landscaping.
- Use of water for washing vehicles, trailers or other mobile equipment.
- The washing of streets, driveways, parking lots, buildings or other outdoor surfaces.
- The operation of ornamental fountains or other structures making similar use of water.
- The use of water for filling swimming pools.
Updates will be provided as new information becomes available, the city said.