RED BLUFF, Calif. - A vegetation fire in Red Bluff kept firefighters busy over Labor Day weekend.
Red Bluff Fire Division Chief Mike Bachmeyer said the three-acre fire started around 4:30 p.m. Sunday on a field on Paynes Creek Slough between two businesses on Antelope Blvd.
"When we first pulled up obviously one of our first concerns is structure protection and eliminating that threat," Bachmeyer said. "That's where we put resources was the fire and those two locations, that's where we started our fire fight from."
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Red Bluff firefighters tackle Antelope Boulevard fire
- Red Bluff Firefighter Welcomes Baby Boy
- Collect Red Bluff Firefighter trading cards
- Firefighters respond to 2-acre brush fire near Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Red Bluff Recovering After Stoll Fire
- Mobile Home Catches Fire in Red Bluff
- Fire causes damage to Red Bluff business
- Ranch Fire southwest of Red Bluff
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff