Red Bluff Calif.— There is a new event coming to the Red Buff Round-Up.
The Red Bluff Round-Up this year will be held on April 20th through April 22nd at the Tehama District Fairgrounds.
Breakaway roping will be offered for cowgirls only.
Breakaway roping is similar to tie-down roping. The cowgirl is on horseback at the south end of the arena, then the calf is released from the chute and the cowgirl ropes the calf. The cowgirl then stops her horse while the calf runs to the end of the rope which is attached to the saddle horn, breaking away signaling the end of the run.
A good breakaway will be two or three seconds in length.
It’s a fast paced event for women that will be something to watch.
The breakaway roping at the Round-Up will be sanctioned by the Women’s Pro Rodeo Association (WPRA).
The Round-Up is expecting it will draw in cowgirls from all over.
Performances will begin at 7 p.m. on April 20th, at 2:30 p.m. on April 21st, and at 1:30 p.m. on April 22nd.
Ticket prices range from $14 to $30.
- Red Bluff Round-Up Offers New Fast Paced Women's Event
- Red Bluff Round-Up Competition Preview
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Locals gear up for this weekend's Red Bluff Round-Up
- Red Bluff Round UP Underway at the Rodeo Grounds
- Health Fair in Red Bluff Offering Services to Help Families
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Ross will be opening in Red Bluff
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff