RED BLUFF, Calif. - The Red Bluff Police Department is warning of a new phone scam where the scammer is identifying themselves as the Social Security Department.
Officials say the scammers are calling people and identifying themselves as the Social Security Department and telling the victim they have illegal drug laundering happening on their bank account.
The scammer then asks the victim to deposit all money into a different account, which has already been set up by the scammer, before telling the victim that an officer from the Red Bluff PD will contact them at their residence or place of work.
The phone number is said to appear as either the Redding Police Department or the Anderson Police Department.
Red Bluff Police Department is warning of this scam and is asking that you never provide your banking information to anyone over the phone as well as be aware that it is not a standard procedure that officials contact you over the phone asking for money.
- Red Bluff Police warn of new phone scam
- Redding Police warn city about phone scams
- Yuba City Police warning residents of phone scam
- Chico Police Department warns of kidnapping phone scam
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Shasta County warning residents about a deputy phone scam
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam
- Plumas County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Shasta Co. Sheriff's Office warns about new phone scam