RED BLUFF, Calif. - An investigation has begun regarding a single-vehicle collision that left one person dead on Friday, Sept. 20.
Red Bluff Police said it happened around 7:45 p.m. on South Main Street, south of Saint Elizabeth Hospital.
CHP, Tehama County Sheriff's Office and the city's fire and police departments were all on the scene as they worked to extricate the driver from the vehicle.
Officers said medical treatment and CPR were provided but the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
During preliminary investigation, officers said it appeared the driver was driving northbound on South Main Street when the vehicle veered west, crossing the oncoming lane, and left the roadway.
The identity is being withheld until notification of next-of-kin.
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Authorities Investigating Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Police Are Investigating Death of Red Bluff Woman
- Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Vehicle pursuit ends in single-vehicle rollover near Durham
- 2 dead after vehicle collision at Capay