RED BLUFF, Calif. - The Red Bluff Police Department is investigating a domestic violence case that lead to the death of two people.
Police went to check on the couple’s apartment unit on Scottsdale Drive on Tuesday.
That's when officers found the 30-year-old husband and his 25-year-old wife dead inside the home.
Officers say this was surprising because they'd never been called to the residence for an issue like this and their investigation strongly suggests that there has been a history of domestic violence from one of the individuals.
“One party did have a history of domestic violence in the past that was uncovered. Between them this is a relatively new situation with the domestic violence and it’s something that escalated very very quickly," said Jeanie Spurs.
This particular family i mean this is a small community and this family is well known in the community and it's impacting people from all walks of life here in Tehama county
Police did end their report urging residents of domestic violence to report it and Empower Tehama , a local resource center for domestic violence, adds they have a 24-hour crisis hot-line for those who need it.
Highlighting three red flags that you're in an unhealthy relationship include: physical abuse, verbal abuse, and threats.
If you believe you are involved in an unhealthy relationship here is a link to Empower Tehama
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Authorities Investigating Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Police find Red Bluff man wanted for attempted murder
- Police Are Investigating Death of Red Bluff Woman
- Red Bluff Police locate two runaway juveniles
- Red Bluff Police locate missing woman
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff