The one year anniversary of the Wall Fire in Butte County is July 7th and recovery efforts are still continuing.
2017 was a destructive year for wildfires in Butte County. The Wall Fire claimed 41 homes in July, the Ponderosa Fire claimed 32 homes in August and 37 homes were destroyed in the La Porte Fire in October.
The Yankee Hill Fire Safe Council has helped head-up recovery by organizing community meetings and establishing and administering a Fire Recovery Fund to help fire victims with Basic Human Needs, Land Restoration and Reforestation and Housing.
Brenda Rightmyer with the Fire Safe Council and the Butte County Fire Recovery Team tells Action News Now that 50% of Wall Fire victims have still not been able to return to their property.
The Fire Safe Council is helping them in that effort with everything from removing hazardous waste and restoring power to finding resources for rebuilding. It's a long term process, but funding is dwindling.
That's why the Yankee Hill Fire Safe Council has set up a Go Fund Me page, to raise money for its Fire Recovery Fund.
The goal is $15,000.00 and organizers say it's especially important to continue providing needed support for low-income, disabled and under-insured residents.
The Fire Safe Council also has a Facebook Page, and it's working closely with "California Hope" to provide counseling to those impacted by Wildfires.
California Hope has a Facebook Page as well. And you can call the Hope Hotline at (530) 966.7382.
- Recovery From 2017 Wildfires in Butte County Far From Complete
- Butte County Disaster Recovery Centers change hours
- State and Federal lawmakers held town hall meeting to discuss wildfire recovery in Butte County
- Wildfire Recovery Meeting for Carr Fire Victims
- Schools Get Relief from 2017 Wildfire Damages
- CAL FIRE prepares for wildfire season in Butte County
- CAL FIRE officially declares wildfire season in Butte County
- Butte County's Most Wanted for Friday, November 24, 2017
- Butte County's Most Wanted for Friday, December 1, 2017
- Butte County detectives arrest suspect in connection to 2017 homicide