Get ready for a very warm and sunny end to your work week. Temperatures are starting out very warm again this morning. Valley areas have only dipped into the high 40's to low 50's, and mountain areas are starting out in the 20's to high 30's early today. Sunny skies, and gusty North winds are expected today. Winds will be up to 15mph out of the North, with gusts to around 25mph. This will result in slightly elevated fire danger today, so please use caution if you're going to be burning outside. High temperatures will be even warmer than yesterday, and a few cities could set new high temperature records this afternoon. Redding and Red Bluff both look like they will be breaking records this afternoon. Redding's record for this date is 74 degrees, and was set in 2005. We are projecting 79 degrees in Redding this afternoon. Red Bluff's record for this date is 76 degrees, set in 1935. We are projecting 77 degrees in Red Bluff this afternoon. The entire valley is projected to climb into the 70's later today, and mountain areas will be in the low to mid 60's.
There will be a chance for fog the next few mornings, but no other big changes are expected. Sunny skies, and well above average temperatures will be in store for your weekend. The trend of well above average temperatures, and sunny skies will continue through at least the middle of next week.
- Record breaking heat possible today
- More record heat possible today
- Potential for record breaking heat continues
- Record heat possible again today, but major changes are ahead
- More record breaking heat ahead for your Tuesday
- Severe heat prompts a Heat Advisory across Northern California today
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Record heat possible today, but big changes are ahead for your weekend
- Marvel's Black Panther breaking records and stereotypes