GRIDLEY, Calif. - A Gridley boy diagnosed with leukemia got a big surprise on Wednesday from Recology.
Six Recology garbage trucks arrived at the front door of 6-year-old Parker Browning Wednesday afternoon.
Browning is a big fan of garbage trucks. Recology decided to surprise him as he sits this school year out due to cancer.
"He will point out every single driver garbage truck driver that we see and he's like daddy can we go follow the garbage truck?" said Paul Browning, Parker's father. "I'm like 'no buddy, we gotta go to the doctor.' He's like, 'I don't wanna go to the doctor, I wanna follow the garbage truck!' To him, garbage trucks are joy and fun."
Durham Elementary School put together a GoFundMe page for Browning. You can find the page here.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Recology Surprises Gridley Boy With Cancer
- Recology Donates $100K for Camp Fire Relief Efforts
- Gridley Girl Beats Cancer, Wins Big at Butte County Fair
- Gridley Police Chief Resigns
- UPDATE: Gridley's 2 Competing Newspapers
- Gridley hosts Red Suspenders Day
- Gridley VFW holds 74th Commander's Dinner
- Gridley Red Suspenders Days Marks 55th Year
- Owners Close Long Time Gridley Newspaper
- VIDEO: Gridley Farmer Harvests Rice Krispie Treats