REDDING, Calif - The Redding Police Department used CHP air operations to catch a suspect involved in a high-speed pursuit on Buenaventura Boulevard near Placer Street.
According to CHP, RPD initiated a pursuit of a motorcycle near that intersection but quickly canceled the pursuit, due to the driver’s reckless behavior.
CHP’s “H-16” aircrew was overhead the area within two minutes, “H-16” then found the motorcycle on Teton Drive and followed it to Oconner Avenue, according to CHP.
Moments later, the suspect abandoned the bike in a “green belt” and ran on foot into a residence, CHP said.
The suspect surrendered to RPD officers a short time later and was arrested.
- Reckless driver caught by Redding police using CHP air operations
- Shasta County CHP officer in court on reckless driving charges
- CHP air operations "new technology" help keep public safe
- Redding Operation Blue Santa
- CHP officer killed by suspected drunk driver
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise
- CHP Warns Drivers about Drinking and Driving
- Redding CHP K9 Team Now Trained & Ready
- CHP Northern Air-Ops rescues 2 hikers in Siskiyou County
- Driver charged in crash that killed rookie CHP officer