RED BLUFF, Calif. – Even if you can’t see it you know that the sound of that rattling tail is a rattlesnake.
Now that summer has hit, these snakes are starting to be found more and more.
"They are all over in this area but people might think that you can find them only in the suburbs but we find them everywhere right in the heart of town, apartment buildings,” said Captain Catie Huff of animal regulations.
Just like Hollis Turner who found this rattlesnake outside his house over the weekend.
“We recognized the rattle right away," Turner said. "The dog knew something was wrong too.”
The large rattlesnake he found has him worried about the safety of his kids and dog.
“Yeah we have kids and animals and it makes me worried,” Turner said. “I bought the house about a year ago and we know we are kind of in snake country… and our neighbors have seen them so we always kind of looked out for them.”
Turner says that he went right out and bought snake repellant which he said sells fast in Red Bluff.
Officials are warning you people if they see a rattlesnake, or any snake, to call the professionals to remove it.
- Locals concerned after rattlesnake scare in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Redding Neighboorhood Scared by Drive By Shooting
- Locals gear up for this weekend's Red Bluff Round-Up
- Rattlesnake Danger in the North State
- Ross will be opening in Red Bluff
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff
- Mail stolen from homes in Red Bluff