BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Rape crisis center calls have spiked in Butte County following the hearing in which Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford testified in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The Rape Crisis Intervention Center, which takes care of calls in areas of Butte, Glenn and Tehama Counties, is one of the centers experiencing a large increase.
"Even before the hearing," said Rocky Cruz, assistant executive program director for the Rape Crisis Intervention Center. "As soon as everyone was talking about it and it was on Facebook calls started coming in. We started getting busier and busier and busier."
Cruz said there's safety in numbers and that's why more people keep calling and coming forward.
The center has a 24-hour crisis line at 530-342-RAPE.
- Rape Crisis Center Calls Spike Following Senate Judiciary Hearing
- Rape Crisis Center Calls Spike
- WATCH LIVE: House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing
- WATCH LIVE: House Judiciary Committee's first impeachment hearing
- Red Bluff Police Department Reports Spike in Rape Cases
- Homeless Crisis in Redding; Shasta County sees 20% spike
- Hwy 99 Crash Spike
- Spike in Bidwell Yellowjacket Stings
- Hearing held on Oroville Dam Spillway crisis at state capitol