CHICO, Calif. - This week's rainfall means that graduation ceremonies at Chico State could be changed or even canceled.
About 4,000 students will graduate this semester, and the plan is to have two master's ceremonies on Thursday and four undergrad ceremonies at University Stadium Friday through Sunday.
But, if it's pouring rain, or there's a lightning storm immediately before the ceremony, the event will be delayed, started early or even canceled.
"I was kind of concerned, but with everything Chico's been through it's not that big a deal, it would really have to rain for them to actually cancel the event," said one student.
"I was shocked that it's raining in May first off, second, I think it's weird they may postpone it with our family coming in," said another.
If a ceremony is canceled, it won't be rescheduled.
Students, keep in mind: those gowns may bleed dye so watch what you wear underneath it.
Also, keep your cell phone on hand the day of your graduation; the university will let you know about any changes via the Chico State Alerts System, email and the school website.
7 DAY: Redding forecast
7 DAY: Chico forecast
WEATHER: Maps and radar
- Rain may delay or cancel Chico State graduation ceremonies
- Chico State graduations continue
- Chico State graduation ceremonies to affect traffic and parking
- CHICO HIGH AND P.V. HIGH GRADUATION CEREMONIES TONIGHT
- Chico State Graduation to Impact Downtown Traffic
- Hotels booked for Chico State graduation weekend
- Chico State graduates open hot yoga studio in Chico
- Chico State changes graduation start time due to weather conditions
- 4,000 students to graduate from Chico State in 2019
- California State Parks Rangers Graduate