Photo Gallery 3 Images
CHICO, Calif. - The wet weather slowed down business for vendors at the Chico Farmer's Market.
The Saturday Farmer's Market normally features 70 vendors across the area but because of the strong winds and rains, only about 40 were out on Dec. 7.
Fewer people came out to shop as well, making it a very tough day for business.
"It's been pretty awful, the winds have been really strong, tents have been ready to fly off," said vendor Jim Eckert.
On Dec. 11, the Wednesday Farmer's Market will host the holiday craft fair.
Ten new vendors will set up in Downtown Chico to sell locally handcrafted gifts for the holiday season.
The craft fair will be set up on Dec. 11 and Dec 18, beginning at 8 a.m.
- Rain doesn't stop Chico Farmer's Market
- Farmers Market Oroville Focuses on Sustainability
- Early Rains Cause Delay for Farmers
- Thursday Night Market returns in Chico
- Covered California Bus stopping in Chico Today
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Downtown Thursday Night Market is Back in Chico
- Camp Fire survivors feeling crunch of housing market in Chico
- Farmers Offer Ponds For Firefighting
- Power outages affect farmers harvest