REDDING, Calif - After some beautiful sunny California days, drivers on Friday can expect slick roads throughout the weekend.
When driving on these wet roads motorists have less time to react and could get into a crash.
That’s why CHP officers want to remind everyone to drive slower, leave extra room between cars and make sure your windshield wipers are working.
Residents Action News Now spoke with say they’re happy about the change in weather.
“Oh no, I have plenty to do around the house, and just throw on a hat and a slicker and we're good to go,” said John Whitmore, a resident in the Redding area.
“You won’t ever hear me complain about it although somewhat selfishly you know we are going to be inside this weekend when we had plans to go outside you know off-road motorsports that kind of stuff. But there is always another weekend for that,” said Ryan McNally, a resident in the Redding Area.
Caltrans District 2 is also announcing snow as close as Shingletown.
If you do head out there this weekend do not forget your snow chains and a full tank of gas.
- Rain Expected this Weekend
- California expecting heavy rain
- What to expect for Labor day weekend
- Another Warm Weekend, Possible Rain Next Week
- Breezy Afternoon, Rain Ahead This Weekend
- Rain, cool weather ahead for the weekend
- AAA expects 37 million to drive this holiday weekend
- Chance of Rain this Week, Breezy Weekend Ahead
- Modest rain & heavy snow ahead for your weekend
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays