Grab your umbrella and get ready for another round of active weather to return to Northern California today. Light showers have already started to spread across our region this morning, but the main event will not be arriving until mid day. A Winter Storm Warning will be going into effect at 4pm this afternoon, and will last through 10am Thursday for areas above 5500' in the Sierra. A Flood Watch will be going into effect for the valley and foothills at 4pm this afternoon, and will stay in place through Thursday morning. We are mostly dry with light winds to start your Tuesday morning. Temperatures have dipped into the mid to high 40's in the valley overnight, and into the 20's to mid 30's in the mountains this morning. Winds are expected to pick up to around 10mph out of the Southeast this afternoon. High temperatures will top out in the mid 50's for most valley areas, and into the 40's in the mountains later today. Snow levels are projected to fall to as low as 4000' this afternoon. Rain and snow will be moderate this afternoon, and will become heavier later tonight.
The heaviest rain and snow are expected to fall late Tuesday night through early in the day Wednesday. Showers will become lighter and more scattered as we head into your Wednesday afternoon. Modest showers will then persist in our region on Thursday, but travel impacts do not look as likely. There will still be potenital for some light showers in our region on Friday. Another wet system is setting up to bring more showers to California this weekend, but the latest models are hinting that the bigger impacts will stay to our South. Given model uncertainty, it's still up in the air whether we can expect more showers to pass through our area this weekend. We're keeping light showers in the forecast on Saturday for now, but that will be subject to change.
- Rain & snow return to Northern California today
- Wet weather returns to Northern California today
- Heavy rain & snow ahead for Northern California
- Low snow brings major travel impacts to Northern California today
- Dry & cooler conditions return to Northern California today
- More heavy rain & lower snow ahead for Northern California
- More rain, snow, & travel impacts ahead for Northern California
- Heavy rain ahead for Northern California
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Severe winter storm brings major impacts to Northern California today