TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. – Union Pacific Railroad will be working on a railroad crossing that will likely affect traveling between Redding and Chico.
This is one of several crossings along the tracks between Lincoln, in Placer County, and Lakehead, in Shasta County, that is planned to be worked on.
The maintenance will be on South Avenue between Stephens and Rowels roads in Tehama County.
This will begin Tuesday, April 2, at midnight, and is expected to be done by Friday, April 5.
Those driving on I-5 to and from Redding and Red Bluff can take Highway 36 and Highway 99 to get to Chico and back.
Motorists may also use I-5 and Highway 32 to get to Chico and back.
An increase in traffic is expected.
- Railroad work affects traffic between Redding, Chico
- Redding traffic alert
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- Firefighters responding to boxcar fire on Redding railroad tracks
- Breslaur Way still closed in Redding at railroad crossing
- Homes, businesses affected by flooding in Chico
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding