HAMILTON CITY, Calif. - Rail service is returning to Hamilton City.
The California Northern Railroad will begin operating the line this week for the first time in 12 years.
The rail service will deliver products to Nutrien Ag Solutions and at the Old Holly Sugar Facility in Hamilton City. The company upgraded nine miles of railroad track that runs parallel to I-5.
Officials say they chose Hamilton City as a place they could easily serve multiple counties.
Additionally, they say the company will create 15-20 new jobs over the next five years.
- Rail Service Returns to Hamilton City
- J Levee Construction Underway in Hamilton City
- Hamilton City Levee Project gets $8 Million
- Talks on Returning Commercial Air Service Continues
- Firefighters in Hamilton City saved a Christmas tradition
- Deputies find Hamilton City school threat not credible
- Hamilton City boy is youngest Impella patient in the US
- Assemblyman James Gallagher Visits Rural Schools in Hamilton City
- Hamilton City Teenager Arrested for Alleged Social Media Threat
- Suspected drunk driver attempts to escape police, crashes into rail