Photo Gallery 3 Images
RACKERBY, Calif. - Aerial surveillance conducted by the Butte County Sheriff's Office revealed an illegal cannabis growing and processing area in Rackerby, say officials. Rackerby straddles the borders of both Butte County and Yuba Counties, 24 miles northeast of Marysville.
A raid by the Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit was conducted Monday on the 1500 block on Robinson Mill Road. The search revealed 569 cannabis plants weighing close to 2,900 pounds.
The grow site is considered to be a commercial operation, in violation of both California state law and Butte County's Measure A, said officials.
No one was found at the grow site when the raid was conducted. The investigation continues, however, into whether it was a cartel related or individual homeowner or renter's cannabis operation. There may be arrests in the future related to Monday's cannabis raid, said Sheriff's Public Information Officer Megan McMann.
A stolen boat and a boat trailer were found at the site. They were returned to their rightful owner by the Sheriff's Office Monday after the bust was concluded.
- Raid in Rackerby Results in Confiscation of 3,000 Pounds of Pot
- Over 3,000 pounds of marijuana seized in Humboldt County
- 500+ Guns Confiscated in SoCal by Police
- Redding man arrested in Nebraska with 48 pounds of pot
- Palermo Pot Bust Results in Two Arrests and Environmental Charges
- Butte County ICE raids
- I-94 traffic stop in North Dakota yields 200 pounds of pot
- Police Conduct Two Searches, Seize Over 25 Pounds of Pot in Berry Creek
- $3,000 bike theft, man arrested after running from Chico police
- GLINTF Finds 3,000+ Marijuana Plants at Orland Home