CHICO, Calif. - A BMX race at the Chico Silver Dollar Fairgrounds is set for the Fourth of July, Wednesday and it’s all to help people with Leukemia and the Lymphoma Society.
The race began by a BMX racer who died from Leukemia, so one of his racing buddies started the race to help pay for medical expenses and it’s been an annual event ever since.
Tickets cost $10 to attend the event, and the race is entirely run by volunteers as a non-profit.
The public can call (530)-566-1269 or visit their Facebook page if they have questions.
- ‘Race for Life’ Gearing Up for 4th of July in Chico
- Chico's first responders give their take on working over the 4th of July
- Chico Pioneer Day Parade is May 4th
- Very welcome changes are ahead for your 4th of July!
- Very pleasant conditions ahead for your 4th of July!
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Dry & warmer for your 4th of July
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Warm & nice for your 4th of July
- Redding police to operate DUI checkpoint on 4th of July
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Sunny & warmer for your 4th of July
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race