OROVILLE, Calif. - Quota International of Oroville is hosting a series of fundraisers to support its "Stockings for Chemo Patients" program.
Each year the club puts together 750 Christmas stockings filled with items that are delivered to cancer patients at area hospitals undergoing chemotherapy. Each stocking has a hat, socks, lotion, lip balm, adult coloring book, colored pencils, antibacterial gel and snacks.
The first benefit is a Shop and Stroll on Saturday Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. It features a collection of crafters, food trucks and small business owners at a one-day event at the Historic Lott Home on Montgomery Street in Oroville. In addition to shopping, there will also be a raffle and live entertainment.
The second benefit is "Mad Hatter Bunco," a night of fun games at the historic Oroville Inn. It takes place on Oct. 6 from 6 - 8 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to wear fun hats.
Finally, the "Zumbathon" is an event featuring four hours of Zumba with 10 instructors from the North State. This event happens on Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Oroville High School.
For more information on the club or any of the events you can call (530) 370-5855.
- Quota International of Oroville Hosts Benefits for Cancer Victims
- Regulators consider reducing Pacific halibut quota next year
- Oroville AAUW Plans Benefit Garden Party
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- Benefit for Durham teen battling cancer
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- Dueling Pianos Event to Benefit Soroptimist International of Chico
- El Rey Hosting Camp Fire Benefit Concert
- Oroville Rotary to Host Purple Pinky Night