QUINCY, Calif. - A woman from Quincy drowned Sunday afternoon when she was swimming at Indian Falls along Highway 89, said the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office (PCSO).
According to PCSO, deputies got several 911 calls at 4:30 p.m. about a possible drowning near the town of Indian Falls.
The victim April Lorenzo, 38, of Quincy was reportedly trapped under some rocks near the falls, which prompted some bystanders to search for her and pull her out of the rocks.
Deputies said Lorenzo was submerged in the water for about 10 minutes before being found.
People on scene attempted to revive her, but unfortunately, Lorenzo died at the scene, said PCSO.
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- Man arrested for meth sales in Quincy
- Quincy Native Signs with Four Year School
- Oro Quincy Hwy Won't Reopen This Year
- Temporary Closure Around Minerva 5 Salvage Project south of Quincy
- Hour Long Delay at Hwy 70 east of Quincy
- Neighboring Homes Destroyed in Early Morning Fire in Quincy
- 80-Year-Old Man Dies During Quincy Motel Fire
- Central California mother drowned children, hanged herself
- Texas father charged with murder in death of Indian orphan