Photo Gallery 2 Images
Redding, Calif.—The city of Redding has contracted with Eddie Axner Construction for over $2 million dollars, to improve vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle safety on Quartz Hill Road.
The construction goes from Terra Nova Drive to North Market Street.
Federal grant funds were secured to pay for the majority of the project.
Project construction starts Monday May 14th and is expected to be completed by December 31st 2018.
The work is going to take place during the day between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. with lane closures between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
A complete road closure of Quartz Hill Road between Terra Nova Drive and Snow Lane will begin on June 11th.
The project will make improvements at two locations on Quartz Hill Road.
The curve at the top of the hill between Terra Nova Drive and Snow Lane will be realigned.
The roadway will be widened to provide six foot shoulders for vehicle recovery and bike lanes, curb, gutter and sidewalk will be installed on the east side of the roadway, along with street lighting, new storm drains, and retaining walls.
On the north side of Quartz Hill Road from Delta Street to Loma Street sidewalk gaps will be eliminated, ADA ramps and pedestrian improvements will be installed.
The red line on the map indicates the area of closure and construction.
- Quartz Hill Road Improvement Project Begins in Redding
- Redding Fire Officials Say Part of Quartz Hill Road Still Closed Due to Terra Fire
- Redding Homeless Count Begins
- Road Rehabilitation Project Begins on Highway 36 in Red Bluff, Delays Expected
- Sewer Project Closes Parts of Churn Creek Road in Redding
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project
- Controlled burn to improve watershed project Forrest Ranch Community
- Jail Bed Expansion Project Approved in Redding
- Placer Street Road Closure in Redding
- Construction to Begin on old Dicker's Building in Downtown Redding