REDDING, Calif. - The City of Redding Public Works Department will close a portion of Park Marina Drive in Redding due to releases from the Keswick Dam.
Starting Thursday morning at 7 a.m. Park Marina Drive will be closed from Locust Street and Parkview Avenue.
Redding officials encourage motorists to use an alternate route and prepare for excess water and in the roadways and parking lots.
The Bureau of Reclamation is releasing water from the Keswick Dam due to excess water accumulating in recent storms. Officials said they could increase releases on Thursday from 30,000 cubic feet per second to 50,000 cubic feet per second.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Public Works to close portion of Park Marina Drive in Redding ahead of dam releases
- Public Works no longer shutting down Park Marina Drive
- Stolen vehicle on side after catching fire on Park Marina Drive in Redding
- Chico Public Works prepares ahead of storms
- Officials to increase releases from Keswick Dam
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Update on Oroville Dam Spillway Work
- Portion of West Sacramento closed due to flooding
- Retro Redding drive-in demolished
- New Book Released About Oroville Dam Spillway Emergency