The man known as "Pharma Bro" after jacking up the price of a lifesaving drug -- learns his fate.
A judge sentenced pharmaceutical executive Martin Shkreli on Friday to seven years in prison for securities fraud.
He was convicted last year of lying to investors in two failed hedge funds.
Shkreli cried as he told the judge that he made many mistakes and he apologized to investors.
He remains in custody.
For more background info on the story click here.
- Prison time for 'Pharma Bro'
- Dutch Bros. Owners partner with Redding Food Truck Park Developer
- Chico Police Searching for Suspect in Dutch Bros. Armed Robbery
- Manhunt for inmate who escaped California prison
- Veterans get service dogs trained by prisoners
- Drone crashes at prison with drugs and a cell phone
- Man sentenced to prison for rape of an intoxicated victim
- Yuba County man sentenced to 2 years in prison
- 3 prison officers sentenced to 15 years in inmate's death
- Rancher Cliven Bundy released from prison, lawyer says